IELTS 3 Listening test 1
0 of 9 questions completed
IELTS 3 Listening test 1.
Read the questions and the instructions before you start.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 9 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
If you liked the test, please click on one of the ads. It will help us to continue.
1. Question6 points
Questions 1-6 – Complete the notes
Example: Name of Agent FLAGSTONE
Areas deal with: (1) (city centre, the city centre, the city centre itself), north suburbs
Rent: from (2) £ (250, 250 pounds, two hundred fifty) to £ (3) (500, about 500, five hundred, about five hundred) a month.
Depends on: the area, availability of (4) (a garden, garden), garage
Properties available: West Park Road - rent (5) £ (325, three hundred twenty-five) a month, including the water bill
Tithe Road - rent £ 380 a month, including (6) (the telephone, telephone, the phone , phone) rental
2. Question4 points
(Questions 7-10 – Complete the notes
Viewing arrangements: meet at office on (7) (Wednesday, Wednesday afternoon, Wed) at 5.00 p.m.
Need: letter from bank, reference from (8) (your employer, employer)
Must: give (9) (two weeks, 2 weeks, a fortnightly, fourteen days, 14 days) notice of moving in, give deposit of (10) (1 month's rent, one month's rent), pay for contract
3. Question2 points
Questions 11 and 12 – Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
11. Who is Mrs Sutton worried about? (her daugher, her daugher Anna, Anna, Ana)
12. What is the name for a group of family doctors working in the same building together? (a practice, practice, practices)
4. Question5 points
Questions 13-17 – Complete the table below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Name of Health Centre
Number of Doctors
Information about doctors
(13) (6, six, about 6, about six)
Appointment system (15) (better, more efficient, faster)than South Hay
Dr Jones is good with (16) (eldery, old, older)patients.
Dr Shaw is good with small children.
(14) (4, four, about 4, about four)
Building less modern than Dean End
Dr Williams helps people with (17) (back problems, back trouble, bad backs)
5. Question1 points
Question 18 – Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Doctors start seeing patients at the Health Centre from (9, nine, 9.00).o’clock.
6. Question2 points
Question 19 – Choose TWO options.
Which TWO groups of patients receive free medication?
7. Question10 points
Complete the notes – Write NUMBERS AND/OR NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Notes on Aplication
Name: Joanathan Briggs Degree: Economics and (21) (Politics) Teaching experience: Volunteer Teacher Location: (22) (West Africa, Africa) Dates: (23) (1990 to 1992, 1990-1992) Volunteer Organisation: (24) (Teach South) Type of school (25) (rural cooperative, rural co-operative) Subjects taught ·(26) (Geography) Forms 1,2 and 3 · Englsih Form (27) (five, 5) · Agricultural Science Form 6 Other responsibilities: Ran school farm Reason for wanting to leave in first year: ·(28) (very homesick, homesick, missed his family, homesickness) · few teaching resources Reasons for wanting to extend tour: · obtained funds for farm buildings Reasons for wanting to train to teach Geography: ·It is his (29) (favourite subject , favorite) ·It has many (30) (useful applications, applications)
8. Question6 points
Questions 31-36 – Choose the correct letters A-C.
31. Which column of the bar chart represents the figures quoted? (A) 32. According to the speaker, the main cause of back pain in women is (B) A pregnancy. B osteoporosis. C lack of exercise. 33. As treatment for back pain the Clinic mainly recommends (B) A pain killers. B relaxation therapy. C exercise routines. 34. The back is different from other parts of the body because (C) A it is usually better at self-repair. B a back injury is usually more painful. C its response to injury often results in more damage. 35. Bed rest is advised (A) A for a maximum of two days. B for extreme pain only. C for pain lasting more than two days. 36. Being overweight (B) A is a major source of back pain. B worsens existing back pain. C reduces the effectiveness of exercise.
9. Question4 points
Questions 37-40 – Choose the correct option
- Recommended in certain circumstances
- Strongly recommended
- Recommended in certain circumstances
- Not recommended
37. Buy special orthopaedic chairs
38. Buy shock-absorving inserts
39. Wear flat shoes
40. Buy TENS machine
After the listening test you can check your answers by reading the script